10.15.2009

The Coldest Day EVER!

So, I drew the short straw for getting Yordanos to her 7:55 game Saturday morning. They have to be there 45 minutes before the game to warm up, so that makes the wake-up time somewhere in the "For the Love of all that's Holy, this is so early it's still yesterday" category. We didn't really draw straws... Lee was willing to take her, but Y looked up at me and wrinkled her cute little brow and said, "Mommy? I want YOU to take me." It wouldn't have been so bad except somebody's watch kept beeping every hour all night, so I saw 12:00, 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, 4:00, 5:00, 5:40, 6:00, 6:18 and finally decided it wasn't going to get any better, and dragged my weary carcass out of bed.

I was so glad I did because look what I got to see...


Does that look cold and slippery? Oh, yes.



She was crying in the car as her hands thawed out. We got more layers ready for the next game. Good thing, too, because it SNOWED during her 2nd game. Seriously? That goes against so many of my personal comfort issues. I didn't take any pictures of the 2nd game. I was too demoralized.


2 comments:

Windchimes said...

um, yeah. I realize that I HATE going out when it's cold. Noe called me frantically to come see something strange in the garden the other day, and I was NOT happy to go OUT in the cold. I did it and found a new fungus I've never even heard of before, but still. I dunno, I thought only older people didn't like to go out in the cold. Oh, wait. I AM getting older. You're doing a great job, Chris! Keep it up!

Cuz' Jill in SD said...

I dare you to come play in South Dakota, then. . . Hang in there! :o)