5.28.2009

Arrrrr! Pirates!

Habtamu now wants a boat. He got to drive Uncle Bob's, and now he's hooked. He wondered why WE don't have a boat. I had to explain that when you buy a boat, it's not just the boat you have to buy. I told him that it's better to KNOW people with a boat. :)



The kids learned a new word: dinghy. My cousin Jeremy took his kids and my kids out in it on Lake Michigan. At one point the dinghy was going around in circles. I wondered what Jeremy was doing, then realized that Habtamu was driving. Oh. Got it.




















I have to say, I love coming to Grand Haven (That's in MI, if you're not from around here). I'd come out here every week during the summer in my teenage years. I broke a toe on this pier. It just makes me happy to be near the big lake.

2 comments:

The McEvil One said...

Now, if he was making all LEFT turns...then he could drive for NASCAR!!!

Megan said...

Fantastic pictures!
Looks like it was a fun weekend.
I want a boat too, but I'm pretty sure that pier space in Chicago is twice what my rent for the apartment costs....or more.
Though I had my own fun playing with the kittehs....and by kittehs I mean Murray and Sibbie and Momo....I never saw Rico.