9.18.2009

I know, I know....

Where's all that awesome blogging been? Ha ha. Soccer started and, man, is she a needy sport.

SOCCER!

I had a friend ask me if Lee and I were mad at she and her husband, because we haven't hung out since this summer.

SOCCER!

A friend's children asked her why my children HAVE to play soccer now, and will they ever see them again?

SOCCER!

Filled out my calendar with all H and Y's games and had to give myself an adrenaline shot straight to the heart. 10 games didn't SEEM like that much. Until it doubled when Yordi joined up.

SOCCER!

One tournament didn't seem like such a big deal until it became 3 tournaments in September alone. Next one is in October.

SOCCER!

Practice 3 nights a week seemed totally doable back in August, until the tournaments and games started.

SOCCER!

The kids are having a great time, and honestly, it's one of the few things I don't have to strong arm them into. I say, "Soccer practice tonight!" and they say, "Do I wear the green or white shirt?" (They have 2 practice shirts, which should, in theory, cut down on my laundry, but somehow I'm always washing soccer stuff.)

If you want to see us, we'll be at a soccer something-or-other until the middle of November. Oh, yeah, and probably LOVING it. It's fun to watch them play and improve. And, here's an awesome benefit ... having them run around for and hour and a half 3-4 times a week until 7:30 means they're asleep before Lee and I get to the bottom of the stairs.

I keep writing blogs in my head, but my head is usually on my pillow, and therefore nothing gets written, because I can never remember what I was thinking about as I was falling asleep, but I'm sure they were awesome.

1 comment:

Barley, Bean, and Boo said...

Alannah just started "little kid" soccer and has been having a great time (once a week for an hour, no games). ;) We would love to come out and see a game, tournament, whatever works timing wise. :)

Warmly,
Nicola