3.27.2009

Pay no attention to the person behind the Cheddar Curtain

The other day, Habtamu was wearing his Chicago Bears jacket and a complete stranger came up to him with a big smile and said, "GO PACK!" H just sat there with a polite, but completely vacant smile. "I like the Packers," she said as she pointed to his jacket expectantly. My son just looked at her as if she was speaking a foreign language... which, you know... as far as he was concerned, she was. I leaned into his ear and said, "She likes the men who wear green and yellow, not the men that wear blue and orange." Then he gave a real smile back since he now at least knew we were talking about football.

I think that to not even acknowledging the existence of someone's favorite team is far more insulting than any form of chest thumping. My children's ignorance about such things usually reminds me about how much there is still left to teach them about life around here, but this time it was just amusing.

1 comment:

The McEvil One said...

No, you did the right thing...ignore Packer fans & they will go away. ;)