9.18.2008

Scaried

So about an hour after bedtime last night, I heard crying from upstairs. I get up there and see 2 sets of eyes open. The kids' rooms are across from each other and with their doors open, they can look at each other. Also, I can stand in the hall and see into both rooms. I ask Habtamu what was going on, and his mouth mumbled something, but his eyes were saying "I'm sleeping." I say "Go back to sleep." and I think he was out before I finished my sentence.

Yordanos was huddled up under her covers, sweating and crying. I asked what was wrong. She said, "Scaried." I asked "What are you scared of?" (as if I didn't know, Mr. "I'll just show a video of cheetahs mauling gazelles right before bed.") Her big brown eyes filled with tears and she sobbed, "Tigers!"

I told her to close her eyes, as there are no tigers here. I rubbed her forehead and wiped the sweat from her brow. She fell asleep quickly, and I went back downstairs.

I believe Lee will have to be in charge of damage control tonight, because she's afraid (scaried) to go upstairs during the day now... because of tigers.

5 comments:

Katherine said...

Well, Noe is afraid of bugs and tornadoes, and will sometimes get hysterical before bedtime. I'd trade you for tigers, if we could!

Anonymous said...

How as parents we learn from our mistakes...

Anonymous said...

...but Lee would have to stop chasing down raccoons & eating them like the cheetahs he saw to do so! ;)

Nikki said...

I just wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading about your adoption experience and that I have been praying for your family. Hope you check out our blog!


Madison

Nikki said...

Thanks so much for the recipe. I don't know if I am brave enough to try it, but I will pass it along to my very eager sister. Our daughter, Madison, is 11 and your blog is her favorite! I think I have shared this before, but thanks for sharing your adventures!

Nikki