7.08.2008

Is that covered under the Warranty?

After all the good news at the Dr.'s yesterday, we'll have to check the warranty on Yordanos... pieces of her are just falling off...



















Since last week, she's been wanting us to take her to the Dr. (Hakeem) to have her loose tooth removed. Um, SURELY you didn't go to the Dr. every time you had a loose tooth? We kept telling her to jiggle it, and she kept wanting us to tie a string and pull it. Egads... I did NOT sign up for THAT... did I? I'll have to check the fine print. I remember enjoying working the teeth loose as a kid... and grossing out the adults. Heh heh. Oh, right.... ew, gross.

The kids then wanted to throw the tooth up on the roof. I didn't understand what they were talking about, but Lee said "Yeah, I think it's a THING." He doesn't know where he heard it or saw that it was their version of the Tooth Fairy. Heck, I'm just glad I don't have to sneak up there and exchange money for the tooth. It's safely up in one of our gutters. There was a successful throw after this attempt. Also, there's a song that goes with it. I'll have our friend translate and I'll let you know what they're saying...


8 comments:

Andrea said...

They do that in China too...except bottom teeth get thrown on the roof, top teeth get buried, so the new tooth will grow towards the old one!

KitKat said...

LOL, that tooth thing is hilarious! My kids ALWAYS get up WAY too early on days that we can sleep in and sleep in on days that we have to be somewhere...murphy's law. :-)

Ann said...

I have a major loose tooth phobia...so I'm praying that I'm not involved in any kind of tooth pulling, wiggly teeth,etc...Clare's turn is right around the corner I'm sure....wonder if I can convince her to sing a song and pitch the tooth on the roof instead of the tooth fairy coming...sounds like all is going well...so glad to hear of Y's great bill of health!!

Anonymous said...

Just remind them that teeth are to be thrown on the garage roof...

not daddy's wallet or your car keys

Barley, Bean, and Boo said...

Awe! Yordanos wears her newly missing tooth well. You just gotta love her sunshiny smile (even with spaces!).

Much love,
Nicola :D

Anonymous said...

My aunt uses a little square of gause sp? and calls it her "magic cloth" this magic cloth can take out loose teeth, and make kids "feel better" cause of the amazing magic!

it really is just a good grip for you, the puller.. or yanker...

just wanted to share

hugs :)
anna

David BG said...

I LOVE it and totally want the translation when you've got it. :)

ABG said...

I LOVE it and totally want the translation when you've got it. That's WAY better than the tooth fairy.