7.26.2008

No News is Good News!

I know by saying the following that I'm just begging to be smote (?) smitten (?)... but

Things are going really well. (Ducking for cover from the lightning bolt about to strike.) I really can't believe how quickly the children are learning English. That alone has solved a bunch of issues. Now when H yells at Y, I can get him to tell me WHY, instead of being all lame... "Um. Stop that. Even though I don't know what you're saying."

H has become the emotionally steadier of the 2 lately... blows MY mind too. No tantrums in quite awhile. He weathered his first 2 zits... the first one jutting out of his chin like Mt. Rushmore, and the 2nd on the lash line of his right eye.

Yordi is a grudge holder and has taken to, in essence, saying to the OTHER parent, "Tell Mommy/Daddy that....." Things do usually blow over quickly with her, unless she's tired. And, oh yes, you can tell when that is... She becomes more and more irrational in her button pushing. There's no way to placate... you can't say the "right" thing. Only ignore it or answer patiently every time. We haven't found a way to diffuse it. I usually end up talking loudly to her (we won't call it yelling... it's not quite) but that always ends badly for everyone. She has found the button of asking me the same question 100 times. I keep giving the same answer, but on the 101st time, I'm fed up... hence the outdoor speaking voice.

Otherwise, the problems we are having seem to be common to ALL parents and children, and are less and less problems related to adoptive issues. I know we'll have to deal with more of that later, but for now, things are good. :)

Thank you all for your continued prayer and support!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

You're doing great! Keep up the good work! Remember to find time for yourself to connect with Jesus every day. It might sometimes seem like you don't have the time, but I guarantee, things will go better for you if you do! One of those things you can't afford not to do!