8.05.2008

Christmas in August

Everyone has been so great about giving us just what we need at just the right time. I know I don't ask for things... mainly because I can't think right anymore and I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I NEED at any given moment. I'm so glad that you all are following the Holy Spirit's leading and calling at just the right time and giving us clothes and feeding us.























Habtamu had been campaigning for "t-shirts" like Daddy's. We said to him "remember in Ethiopia and Habtamu was saying 'shoes, Daddy, shoes, Daddy, shoes, Daddy' and we said 'in America, LOTS of shoes' and how now you have 6 pairs of shoes? Well, we know what you want... don't ask anymore." He seemed to get it. Then Lee came home with bags and bags of boys' clothes from a friend at church... full of t-shirts, and tons of other clothes, including a winter jacket, boots, and snow pants.
















To say that the kids have not got a CLUE about winter is an understatement. It's all fun and games until someone loses... a toe from frostbite! For your viewing pleasure...




Man, does this kid make me laugh!




















4 comments:

Carpenters said...

I can see why. He's a ham! I can't wait until he'll need that jacket in earnest.

With Love,
Penelope

Barley, Bean, and Boo said...

lol and a half. That's so great.

Much love,
Nicola

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, yes, winter seems hilarious..........in August

Just you wait H & Y...it's gonna hit you like a freight train....OF COLDNESS!

Then we'll see who's laughing then!!

(insert villainous laugh here)

ctadhankins said...

those are hysterical. and i agree with mcevil.
we can laugh all we want... i'll take another 9 months of summer. after last winter's snow-a-thon, i don't miss it.